184 Kent Avenue
This historic reinforced concrete grocery warehouse structure was designed by Cass Gilbert and completed in 1915. It was eventually converted to commercial and residential use before undergoing a major remodeling and renovation in 2009. The façade suffered from years of deterioration which caused concrete cracks and spalling. The restoration effort included window pier and partial parapet replacement. Testing and analysis of exterior concrete was performed to determine the extent of chloride infiltration and carbonation and select the most appropriate façade restoration process.